Saubhagya’ Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana – was launched to provide free electricity connections to all households (both APL and poor families) in rural areas and poor families in urban areas. Under the Saubhagya scheme, DISCOMs will also organize camps in villages/cluster of villages to facilitate on-the-spot filling up of application forms including release of electricity connections to households.
The beneficiaries for free electricity connections would be identified using Socio Economic & Caste Census (SECC) 2011 data. However, un-electrified households not covered under SECC data would also be provided electricity connections under the scheme on payment of Rs. 500 which shall be covered by DISCOMs in 10 installments through electricity bill.
Objectives of the Scheme:
- Providing last mile connectivity and electricity connections to all un-electrified households in rural areas.
- Providing Solar Photovoltaic (SPV) based standalone system for un-electrified households located in remote and inaccessible villages/habitations, where grid extension is not feasible or cost-effective.
- Providing last mile connectivity and electricity connections to all remaining economically poor un-electrified households in urban areas. Non-poor urban households are excluded from this scheme.
Scope of the work:
Single Phase Service Connection
- Service line from nearby LT pole. 3.15 mm dia (10 SWG) Gl Service Earth Wire, reel insulators.
- Service Support of MS Angle with 25 mm dia PVC Pipe or 25 mm dia Medium class Gl Pipe.
- Installation of Meter Board, 1-Phase Energy meter, Meter Cover Box, Two-Pole Single Phase Protective Miniature Circuit Breaker Earthing Terminal.
- Internal wiring comprising of minimum 10 feet long PVC pipe wiring, switch board housing 1 no. 3-pin socket, 2 nos. switch only, 1 no. lamp box with holder and LED Lamp.
- Testing of consumer meter.
We have vendors who are in association with various states Government DISCOMS are installing the meters and providing the resources to the beneficries.